Paulo Coelho- Someone That Has Touched My Soul

It’s been quite sometime, I’m planning to write something but the thoughts coming are jus like bubbles- they are vanishing on their way. After screwing up my first year masters exams after lotta preparations my emotions and creativity were flowing haywire. Only thing that moved in my head was that “M good for nothing”…

Under furious emotions I thought of soothing my aching heart by jus cleaning up my room (that’s always in mess and thought at least mom will pat my back after seeing that). As always there was huge amount of unwanted stuff in my room that I thought of dumping on the attic above. While putting the stuff I saw a pile of books (dumped by my grandpa long ago) I jus extended my hand to pull out a book… and to my surprise it was my favorite author’s book. My mind loudly shouted “Yeppi!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reading it was like new found job (apart from sms’in Guru for almost the whole day).

The every new story in Paulo Coelho’s book “Like The Flowing River” is inspiring and thought provoking. Since reading the book the only thing in my head- the question I have asked myself several times a day is “Where this person gets his thoughts from?????”



I mean Mr. Coelho has successfully added meaning to every aspect of life right from a garden, to pencil we use everyday, to politics, to music, to laws, to people (dead, alive, fictitious), to death.

I still wonder that creation of his brain and hand that co-ordinate to bring out such beautiful poetic message for the world must be nothing else that a miracle. His books really give hope, put a smile on people’s face and really leave a life-enhancing impact on millions of life.

After reading this book I find myself as a trivial soul to review, criticize or comment on any of Mr. Coelho’s books. Till date after reading his books like The Zahir, The Alchemist, Eleven Minutes (my most favorite book), The Fifth Mountain- I told people that he is my favorite author – But “like the flowing river” which is intimate collection of his reflections and his short stories has really penetrated my soul and inspired me to explore what it really means to be alive. Now I can proudly say that the Man wearing my favorite author’s mask is real gem of our times.

Mr. Paulo Coelho is world renowned (his books are translated in almost 66 languages) and top class journalists have reported and interviewed him. I know my appreciation and prayers are too diminutive but so is my world. But this undersized world will now spread wings and inflate its horizons and flow like a river – inexorable, pious, reflecting both stars and dark clouds for own tranquil depths.

Comments