Childhood Vanished….. Childishness Lingered


Time flies away like sand sliding away from middle of your fingers. The more you try to hold it the faster it pours off. Everyone faces one such situation in their lifetime, especially when you stand on a gateway biding adieu to your childhood and welcoming the more real world into your life. In another 10 days on 27th of April ill be 24 years old and slightest of this thought sends shivers in me as this symbolizes the growing womanhood in my life.

My childhood... full of love, laughter, mischief, toys, play has slowly hidden behind dark clouds and a silver lining of a matured, responsible future is prominently visible. Today when I just open the window of the past and re-enter the life I once lived as a daughter, grand-daughter, sister, friend, companion--- I myself notice so many alterations in my way of thinking, my behavior, my attitude, which makes me realize that such changes will remain as a constant process.

Childhood was so easy. Studies were the biggest tension, people around were either family, friends or strangers; the curliest crime was stealing a pencil or eraser of your bench mate and the toughest punishment was teacher’s stick. Emotion of love was deep and wide and silly stuffs like diplomacy, hatred hardly existed. Thinking of all this today makes me feel that earth was so much a better place to live in then. But as I grew up, life underwent so many twists and turns. Living in all became so much complicated. The treasure of childhood that is the innocence, dreams, aspirations are buried away making mea withered away leaf just flowing in the direction of water and wind.

Today when here I stand on the line fearing to see my childhood vanishing away, I feel that this withered leaf is splashed on a stone and left to face the sun, wind and water. And it suddenly strikes my mind that it is upto the leaf to decide what its fate has to be.

In a desire to grow in life just don’t want to lose the best qualities that the childhood has gifted me. Curbing away the bad times till date in life and applauding all the smiles lived I salute the bygone and with clean and free heart and open mind welcome another year in my life.

After all the sand of childhood that has descended away from fingers I just owe a few crystals of childish life remaining in my hand. Hoping to preserve these crystals of love, selflessness, care and simplicity through out my life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
dnt u worry ur womanhood wil b better thn childhood......... [:)]
hey.... thats so sweet deepak :)
LORrD said…
Childhood! Childhood! There are many who wish to remain a child whatever age they reach. One is me, and you know it :). And, I Iove it that way. You have a nice little world to be in, and you can do little things, and think about too. Though it is a fact that the 'innocence' is lost when a child crosses the age of around five.