A Special Bond

“I don’t a sister”, he msged in anger in afternoon. Tears rolled down my eyes but as dad was there I couldn’t show my anxiety. It happened on 18th Jan 2010, as the same morning I and my brother Sanket fought over a stupid reason. Though the issue was really very petty… out of anger we spelled fire at each other. I blabbered in anger and went off without thinking of consequences. After my anger cooled down I came back home... sank had already gone out.

“Mom calling for lunch… come soon” I SMS’ed him in the noon.
“Who is this?” he replied bluntly.
“Your mom and dad call me their daughter and call u son. With this equation M your SISTER” I replied humorously.
Jus then I got a msg I don’t have a sister.. These words poked my heart like a sharp arrow. He came home I tried speaking to him but he kept silent. I felt terrible. I said sorry some 100 times but still he was as cold as ice..

The incident has pierced my heart and made me nostalgic. I dedicate this page to MY Sweetest and Loveliest Brother SANKET and all the sweet sour memories we have shared for 19 long years. Huge fights, knocking each others heads off, sharing secrets, loud laughter on stupid silly jokes are the basis of our special bond.

We stand by each other in all the thick and thin… Though we fight most of the time it is difficult to imagine lime without his support, advice, guidance (though m his elder sis, none of my words stand before his DADAGIRI).

Even today that day stands clear in my memories brightest file when I first saw him. It was 10th august 1990; my father took me to hospital directly from school (I was studying in L.K.G). I saw my mom sleeping on patients bed beside it was a small cradle, there slept a small dark beauty- my lovely Brother. My dad gave me a stool so that I could see him clearly. He was just as I had imagined with those tiny little hands, a small nose and deep eyes. He was fast asleep and I felt it was a perfect moment. I slowly touched his cheeks “oh!! Lovely” I felt.

When my mother was pregnant we had pasted a huge poster of baby Krishna with notorious smile eating butter in our house. “Mom gift me him as my brother” I always told my mom. And there he was my most priced gift. And right from that time he has been the most special person in my life.

Time passed by. From a younger brother, he became a friend and now a buddy. With his presence on every twist and turn, life seemed much easy. Those laughter’s we flared, those moments we cared, times when each other’s stupid passions we bared…. Every, every moment of that life shared is perfectly recorded in minds file.

Today that tiny winy brother who held my hand even to cross a small road... has grown much taller and stronger than me who lends me his shoulders when life’s big fears strike.

Sanket, the only thing I want to say today that may be unwillingly, unknowingly I have hurt u (physically and mentally) but I proudly say that ours is the best bond I have. You are the best gift Aai and Baba have given me for life.

Please ignore the fights and stay as a lovely person throughout life.
LOVE U BRO

Comments